Run with me in my perpetual haste. Wander with me in my desperate search. Meander with me in my whimsical course. Slalom with me in my endless vacillation. Wade with me through my hopeless misery. Sink with me to my senseless abysses. Spin with me in my eddying emotion. Cruise with me through my youthful fantasy. Flow with me in my surging spontaneity. Swim with me in my verbal euphony. Float with me in my phantasmal heaven. Whirl with me in my fragile bubble. Fly with me as I escape reality.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The shorter journey

I sat by the window as the trees and plants, cows and goats, endless rows of houses, men and women raced past me.Shadows were everywhere. With every movement I made, the shadows twisted themselves into a new shape - an eagle, a bunny, a flower...

There was a waft of breeze that brought with it many a smell- that of fresh, wet earth, that of firewood burning in the houses nearby, that of eucalyptus as we passed a tree...

I sat across from faceless people, making their respective journeys with their own purposes and goals. We shared a common space for a night. We might have made great friends, had we met elsewhere. But in this night-long journey which forced us into each other's company, we chose to remain perfect strangers. Everyone was making conscious attempts not to meet anyone's eyes, lest it leads to a conversation. Is it some sort of fear, or hesitation to initiate, or sheer laziness, or the unwillingness to add to the plethora of faces we already are forced to remember and associate with? Someone flashed a guarded smile now and then, a smile that never reached the eye.

I sat staring at the two gleaming, smooth lines of iron that ran faithfully with me all the time and let my mind wander idly. Sleep rushed in and I was transported to a world miles away. I woke up to find everyone rushing away to begin another day of their lives, while I still lived in yesterday. This journey, already a thing of the past, just another insignificant leg in the ever so vast journey of life.....
 
Template by isnaini dot com